Why We Established This Fund
We have taken this action because we know that many local nonprofits are and will continue to face an increased demand for services, as well as operational challenges to meet immediate and long-term needs. Working in partnership with area funders and donors the Foundation will work diligently to identify local needs and gaps in funding then assemble and apply funds where they are most critically needed.
We will be collaborative and strategic in our process based upon the most up-to-date community information and assessments of the situation. We will apply the same level of diligence through this process as we do in all our grant making. Grant award amounts will be dependent on available dollars and 100% of the donations will go to support our nonprofit community. Should the Fund exceed the needed immediate, mid-term and long-term COVID-19 relief the Foundation will restrict the remaining funds for future crisis relief in our area.
As a public charitable grant maker, the Response – Recovery – Rebuild Fund is able to support organizations that meet the following criteria:
- A qualified nonprofit organization with a 501(c) (3) designation, a group fiscally sponsored by a 501(c) (3) organization, a governmental body, such as a school or municipality and faith based organizations that are directly serving the people and communities of Chippewa County during and through this crisis.
- Those conducting business without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, political affiliation, military service, physical or mental ability, or any other improper criterion.
- We are not able to fund individuals or businesses directly through this fund. Direct support to individuals will be handled through nonprofits with established processes for determining need.
Our Response – Recovery – Rebuild Grant Committee will consider the following criteria as they evaluate applications on an ongoing basis:
- Requests must address needs directly related to the community impact of COVID-19 that focus on preparedness, response, recovery, and/or rebuilding efforts.
- Preference will be given to organizations providing services to those impacted by this public health crisis and to those serving vulnerable populations.
- The Fund is designated to crisis response requests only and will be separate from our normal grant making process. Non-Crisis requests should go through our regular annual application process.
Timing & Application Process
Applications will be accepted continuously as long as the Fund is open, and grants will be awarded on a rolling basis to allow for the most flexible response to evolving needs. If your application aligns with our funding priorities and is not funded during the next round of granting, it may be kept on file for future consideration.
To simplify the process, nonprofit and public sector service providers that offer community service and are experiencing hardship in providing those services due to the COVID-19 public health crisis should request an application by submitting their organization’s name and contact information to email@example.com or by calling our office at 715-723-8125.
How to Donate
You can support the Community Foundation’s Response – Recovery – Rebuild Fund by making a tax-deductible donation. Donate securely online, mail your check payable to CFCC with RRR Fund in the memo line to: CFCC, P.O. Box 153, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729 or contact our office at 715-723-8125 to assist you with your giving preference.
Please continue giving to the organizations that you care about throughout the area. Now, more than ever, organizations and businesses will need your support. Your giving will make a difference as we all maneuver through this uncertain time.